10/24/10

Volleyball team

Volleyball matches & practices

Volleyball team in the Regent's School of Pattaya was formed when I was in year 12 of IB and so I immediately joined the team considering I was a natural athlete and I was always interested in any sort of sport activities so I saw this chance to take my volleyball skill to one whole level.

Our volleyball was just formed and run in the same year so we had not had much practice and the first match was chasing behind us so winning one match would be totally acceptable and so had few of the matches gone, we started to in shape as in individual and as a team. At the end of the season, everyone in the team improved their performance and had made the team's performance better too even though we did not have a lot of practice because we did not have a proper time to practice together while the opponents had formed their teams for quite a while and had a proper coach to train them. Although we all did not have an actual time to practice or the team together but we still managed to get better as a whole team.

Joining the volleyball team was very challenging at the first time, especially on the first match we had, I thought it was going to be just like in a football pitch when I was more familiar to but it was totally different, new kind of atmosphere, new kind of pressure, and new kind of adjusting I had to do. But as an athlete , I found that rather positively challenging. There was never one second that I though I would give up so I continued to improve myself and as well as encourage my friend to join the team.

I realized a couple of things about myself and being in a co-operative sport team that it was not about one person being incredible amazing and so you will win but it was about that one person making the whole team being as good as that person, as I had heard a lot in a football practice ' the team is only as good as the worst person on the team'. And so I learnt that in order accomplish something for the team, me myself had to set up a goal and achieve it first and therefore the whole team would soon accomplish the team's goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment