10/24/10

Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu

Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu : First term activity choice

What was the activity?
It was my first year at The Regent's School and I would like to put myself out of comfort zone , to try something I have never done before and I have heard about Brazillian Jiu Jitsu before and it really caught my attention to know what it was about.
Brazillian Jiu Jitsu is a martial art and combat sport that focusses on grappling and submission moves which are to make your opponent surrender.


One of the submission hold , taught by Mr.cooke.

What I did and gain?
Purposes of this activity were just to learn some basic idea of how it operated and there was no intention to take things seriously during each session, everyone was keen to learn, had fun and tried to have their aims high to improve.
Unfortunately I could not continue taking Brazillion Jiu-Jitsu during the following term but I found myself enjoying to further study this sort of martial art because for the past of life I have been influenced by my uncle who , more than 40 years, has been a judoist and now a judo master and I really enjoy listening, and being demonstrated on how to perform each action. I never would have been so interested into Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu if I had not chosen this for my activity and this had become one my favorite hobby to do in my free time.

More videos on Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu : http://www.submission101.com

No comments:

Post a Comment