10/24/10

Koh Chang

CAS trip to Koh Chang : Early September 2009

What was the activity?
Koh Chang CAS trip was a 4 days trip for year 12 students who were newly introduced to IB and for year 13 students who were on the brink to actually start their last year of IB. For me , everything was new because it was just my first 2 months in the school of Regent's and I had to catch up with the pace while everyone had been prepared beforehand to the concept of CAS but in a short while I managed to understand the concept of it and the my first CAS hour for IB was received from this trip.

What did I do and learn?
Basically for yea 12 students, it was a trip to collect CAS hours from three different action activities that each individual of us had chosen before we came to Koh Chang and I chose Jungle Trekking where we had to spend 3 hours trekking through the jungle , across the torrential river, under the pouring rain, to the destination. The whole journey took about 6 hours in total because we had a local hunter leading the way and keeping us unharmed by the wild animals and some dangerous natural beings. The second part of the trip was meant to be camping but because of the unexpected amount of the shower of rain , the plan was changed that whoever chose to go camping would be cooking with limited ingredients instead. And for the rest of the trip , I was basically introduced to the principle of CAS, IB, and ToK. I had never ever done such things as jungle trekking before in my life, or at least, not with these conditions but I had discovered my potential that if I was ever put to go through the same situation again I would be able to calmly cope with it.


Us year 12 breaking the recording to keep the ball in the air. 73 touches! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment