10/25/10

Barazza practices & sessions

Barazza = Equality within the same level

For our major Roundsquare conference that was coming up in October, every Barazza leaders needed to practice their facilitating skills and leaderships skills that would be required for the three actual Barazza sessions throughout the conference therefore several Barazza sessions were organized for Barazza leaders to prepare themselves.

During each session, there would be one topic according to a previous speech either from a keynote speaker or some source of information and my job as a Barazza leader was to facilitate the discussion and pick out some key points that were made. The biggest difficulty I had faced was that the awkward atmosphere made each member of the group feel uncomfortable to share their ideas and the fact that none of the members knew one another before made it more difficult for them to share their opinions to the others but I managed to get the conversation going by picking on a person who had not spoken during a discussion.

The more I had practiced in each session, the more I had found out about how to improve the next session and do's and don't's and I managed to break a barrier in the discussion by the end of the last Barazza session by using some powerful ice-breaking activities .

It had always been a stressful time before every Barazza session but once I learnt how to lead it properly, I found myself enjoy every minute of it and after the last Barazza session during the conference, I realized one thing that even though we were from different parts of the world but surprisingly we had much much more in common than we thought and once each of us started to be open to one another , one can incredibly be sincere to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment