10/24/10

Jester's Fair 2009

Jester's Fair 2009 : Diana driving range

Loy Kratong Day event was held in The Regent's School Pattaya on the 9th of November 2009 where there were many performances and shows throughout the day. Loy Kratong Day had been one of the most traditional Thai day where Thai people would worship the goddess of the river.

As an inter-house competition event, I was selected as a Noppamat for blue house to compete in a pageant and I was to be given a question to answer and a competitor with appropriate answer would win the Noppamat of the year.

I was selected to be the blue house's nominee and I knew that I would have to be on the stage which including having to speak in public, which was my potential weakness. I was never good at making a speech in front of a big crowd.

But knowing that sooner or later I would have to speak in public sooner or later anyway so I challenged to get on the stage on do my best in public speaking but then I realized I was not this nervous when I was to speak publicly in Thai and it was because of the language barrier that had made me this nervous. And even though I did not make one eloquent or magnificent speech when answering the question but my endeavor awarded me with Mr.Noppamat title for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment