10/25/10

International Day 2009

International Day of Regent's School : A day of internationalism

What was the activity ?
My role for international day was to participate in international world cup tournament and to decorate the Thai room to show and share our culture to people around the world.
International Day was held at our school of Regent's Pattaya and organized by our international pillar leader. This event was consisted of many international booths representing traditional cultural items and customs and also there was international 5-a-side futsal competition throughout the event.



What did I do?
My job was basically to decorate and to organize the Thai booth as part of senior Thai student. The area for Thailand exhibition was held in the roundhouse and we had made a lot of presentations related to Thai cultures such as traditional thai fruits and translation, posters about thai's way of living back in the days, and we also served Pad Thai and other Thai desserts. This had attracted a lot of visitors to come see our exhibition but unfortunately roundhouse was not exactly where people regularly walked past so I did expect more number of visitors to come.
A lot of difficulties were encounters such as during the preparation week, I had asked many Thai students in lower years to come help with the decorations but not a lot of them seemed to care how important it was seeing it was an annual event. But as the day coming closer, I managed to convince some more students to help out and we finally finished the Thai booth before the day.


Indonesia, Thai and Belgium. :)

What have I gained?
As a co-leader for Thai during the international day, I thought the event was a big success, our booth had received many positive feedbacks , food and drinks that were served were also given a lot of compliments and I found that I had developed my leadership skills from the preparation time until the end of International Day and even though I was not firstly selected to be a co-leader for Thailand but I had to step out for a leadership position otherwise our exhibition would have not come out the way everyone expected and sometime in life , the best decisions are the ones you decide by taking the leap and challenge your fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment