10/24/10

Service project : Pattaya Bed-race event

Charity event for local groups : 31/1/10


What was the activity?
Pattaya Bed-Push Event was a charity event for those who would like to raise money for organizations who were in need of aid, by designing a trolly with fancy decorations and complete a lap around the beach road and the second road in Pattaya.
I was one of the students who were interested in this event so I signed up for it. More than 30 local groups of people participated but me and other students still managed to come in second. My job was basically to run a trolly with 3 other students past the finishing line and the trolly was decorated by our female students.


Hardworking much?

What I did and what I gained
Coming in second was rather impressive but not after when I found out that the other teams did not take the race as serious as we did and we also did not win any prize for finishing the second but considering it was a charity event so I did not let that fact bother me. Another hardship we had faced was that the actual race did not start until late afternoon but we were told to be there right after the first glimpse of dawn, the heat and the humidity throughout the day was a major hardship as well but still, one thing that amazed me was that no matter how long every participant had to wait, no one gave up, even a person in the weirdest costume, and I was sure the hottest costume to be in at that time, no one backed out before the first blow of the race. I deeply appreciated the spirits of whoever was involved in one way or another. I think the only thing that kept them to endure the the extreme condition was our will to be supportive to those who were in need in any possible way.




The crew :D

No comments:

Post a Comment