10/24/10

Koh Phi Phi Service Project

Koh Phi Phi : 17/10/09-24/10/09


What was the activity?
Koh Phi Phi project was a project where we were to spend our one week of half term break in Koh Phi Phi, which was an island down to the south of Thailand, to be helping by the construction site for a local school who was affected by Tsunami and in need of facilities. Along with the Cobham Hall School from Britain, this was one of the most memorable service trip I have ever been to


Regent's and Cobham Hall School united. :)

What I did and learn?
At the beginning of the week , we were told that there would be two construction sites for us and once we complete with one we would be instructed to another construction sites. During the time we were there, a lot of progress had been done such as wired frameworks for the building structure were finished, cement sheets were moved up to the building site for further process. Along the time I was there I had gotten a chance to take a look at how people in this area lived and how poor the school facilities were for children who one day will become the hope of the whole village.
As I am a Thai speaker, I had spoken to some of the children who was at the school when we were there as well and the children told me how much they appreciated our support for coming to Koh Phi Phi for many consecutive years. This has made me realized that this service trip was not just my opportunity to collect CAS hours , I had never felt this grateful in my life for what I had done for them and this feeling was worth more than whatever number of CAS hours I would be receiving.
This service trip had raised my awareness of how many people out there who are currently in need our support and I realized even students from Britain did care to spend their precious time to take a half-a-day flight all the way to Thailand just to help these children. I was amazed by how people from different race, different religion, different culture, cared about the less fortunates. If there was any possibility that I would be able to come back to Koh Phi Phi again, I would simply say yes to the offer and spend as much time as I possibly can.


Taking a break from hardworking hours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment