3/31/11

Drama production : The Wizard of Oz

Three consecutive days of wonderful art production by drama students!

What was the activity?
This piece of product was originally made by Victor Flemming and it has been popularized ever since it was created. The story of the production is about a girl who is lost in the munchkindland, trying to find a way back home and her journey was full of wonders. This drama production has made the song 'Over the Rainbow' popular ever since.

What did I do?
My position in the event was a member of pitband who performed each piece of song during each scene. The plays were available for 3 nights but the time every casting member and musician spent to rehearse and practice was much more than that. We spent weekends coming to school to get every single piece of scene and song as good as we possibly could and it resulted in a marvellous performance on the last night which received huge compliments four our outstanding show and sings.
Numbers of songs of the show were played such as 'Follow the Yellow Bricks Road', 'Munchkindland', 'Jitterbug', and 'Somewhere over the rainbow'.


Pitband and the casting members

What I have gained ?

I thought the event went very successful and the feedbacks from the audience was superb. Even though my role as a member of pitband was small but my contribution to make such a great performance was overwhelming me. I feel appreciated for those who have come watch and especially those who devoted themselves to the play.


Notice the odd one out of the backstage crew here ?

No comments:

Post a Comment